Lab Equipment Care and Use
Each group will create instructions to show proper use and/or care of a specific piece of laboratory equipment. Your group may choose how to present the information to the class.
Possible Presentation Formats:
- Oral Presentation
- Power Point Presentation
- Other as approved by your teacher
- How to Measure Mass With a Triple Beam Balance
- Proper Care of a Triple Beam Balance
- How to Light a Bunsen Burner
- Properly Measure Volume Using a Graduated Cylinder
- How to Properly Heat a Substance in a Test Tube
- Proper Use and Care of a Crucible and Cover
- Accurately Measuring Length With a Meter Stick
- Proper Measurements Using a Spring Scale
- Proper Use and Care of a Thermometer
- Making Dilutions Using a Volumetric Flask
- How to Clean a 96-Well Micro Plate
- Setting up a Ring Stand and Ring
- Other Topic(s) Recommended by Your Teacher
- Contains detailed information about the use/care of given lab equipment.
- Clearly states safety precautions.
- Specifically shows proper techniques for handling.
- All information presented is correct.
- Format chosen is effective for the topic selected.
- Information is presented in a clear and concise manner.
- Visual aids are well crafted and contribute to the presentation.
- All materials are neatly done and well designed.
- All group members were involved in decisions about the project, including topic and format chosen.
- Each group member contributed to the creation and/or presentation of the project.
- Group members worked well together, resolving differences respectfully.
After completing your project, you are ready to learn about safety equipment.